Thursday, April 06, 2006

Pigs will fly...

Finally, an update! It's not that I was being lazy or anything. In fact, my nimble little fingers have been very busy - knitting up a storm, well, at least a breeze. I even have a piccie or two, no thanks to the camera and docking station that decided to flip out on me and are now recuperating at Best Buy Hospital. In the mean time, here's the latest.



I finished knitting the throw for the living room. I used Plymouth Bulky Baby Alpaca in a pumpkin color and used a stitch pattern from a scarf (Sheep in the city) designed. It looks perfect with the color scheme in the room and the pattern on the pillows. I'm quite chuffed with myself at this point. Although I do need to weave in the last couple of ends.

Here's another pic showing the pretty pattern on the throw and a sock I started. Mmmm. Apparently I'm a pumpkin fan. I picked up the sock yarn last weekend when we went to Appleton for hubby to buy some more chrome toys for his hummer (I swear he treats it more like a Barbie than a car). The yarn was purchased at Yarns By Design where I will be attending a class at the end of month with none other than ....... are you ready for it ...... Meg Swansen. The pattern for the sock is a Schaeffer pattern with a slip stitch. It's mindless knitting, perfect for reading a new book with, such as Mason Dixon Knitting. This book is hilarious. I love the way these gals think. It makes you want to call up your best knitting buddy and laugh about yarn together.



1 comment:

C+SK said...

Hi! Thanks for dropping by my blog - I agree, this is Pumpkin colour season! :-) Ohh I love the throw!! And you've just given me the itch to knit socks to match my pumpkin cardigan! :-)