Monday, September 13, 2010

I've got a feeling....

I've got a feeling that I shouldn't have ignored the gauge swatches I did for the Adams Rib Cap-Sleeve Wrap. They told me to knit it in an 8, the gauge was right in an 8. I had also knit the swatch in a 7, because I'm a loose knitter and always have to go down a needle size. It was a bit tighter, but I preferred how it looked. I also thought that seeing as this was a rib, it would be easy to block it to the size I want. I had seen many people of different sizes (large to small) try on the size medium sample at Stitches Midwest and it looked good on them all. I thought that if I knit the medium with a seven, it would be around a size small and would fit little ol' me. I'm getting nervous though now. Why would I choose to ignore the gauge swatch?!

IMAG0246

Have decided that I'm going to keep knitting on this and hope it blocks close enough to size. If not, I've just knit my daughter a really nice sweater that I'm going to be totally jealous. The next day or so will tell the fate of this project.

5 comments:

Carrie#K said...

While it's commendable to be such a nice Mum, I really hope that it doesn't turn out that way.

Nice color!!

stitching under oaks said...

fingers crossed that it'll fit...it looks beautiful.

Jessica said...

Uh oh. Did I give you wrong-needle-size-itis via the web?

Denise said...

I had to check out the pattern on rav, never heard of it, but oh it looks nice. Hope you get to keep it ;)

Ally Jay said...

Hope it blocks out to the right size for you. I'm sure it will, rib always pulls in and looks small.