Saturday, September 01, 2012

Caught in the Web

To what will be the shock of many of my knitting friends, I finally blocked one of my many shawls that have been sat in the depths of my closet - 100% knit and just waiting to be blocked. 


Introducing Charlotte's Web which I'm not sure when I knit this, but I looked back on the blog and I was listing it as on my "to do" list to block on July 6, 2006! Yes, I have needed to block this shawl for over SIX years. How sad am I?!

I remember I knit it in Koigu but obviously have no idea what colorways I used. I can't find my knitting notebooks from back then and Ravelry didn't exist when I started this project. I do know that I whipped this project out in a matter of about three weeks and then let it sit until now. 

I'm not sure what this says about me... I'm definitely not a product knitter because apparently I don't care about finishing the product once knitted; maybe I'm a process knitter because I love the knitting and just don't like the finishing but shouldn't you like all of the process; or.............. maybe I'm just a little bit silly and a procrastinator and need to get cracking. Yeah, I think that's it.

No comments: