Thursday, May 11, 2006

One-Skein Secret Pal Questionnaire

1. Which yarn is most like your personality (you can be specific or general with your answer- brand, type, color, fiber, whatever)?
Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool in #24 a claret. Because its colors is warm and fiesty, yet appealing. It has the coolness and luxury of silk and the down to earth side of wool.


2. What is your favorite color yarn to knit/crochet with?
I love Red, or greys or creams.

3. Have you ever used variegated, or magic, yarns?
Yes, I have mixed results with it. I prefer subtle variations, but did knit a jacket in Manos Lava 105 and loved it.

4. Do you tend to favor certain fibers when choosing yarns?
Natural fibers. I am not a superwash fan unless on occasion in sock yarn.

5. Do you prefer to work with center-pull or traditionally wound balls of yarn?
Center-pull.

6. Have you ever worked with organic yarns or are you interested in trying them?
Manos Del Uruguay is an organic yarn. I have had mixed success. I had purchased some Araucania nature cotton and was very disappointed with it. I'm up for trying anything.

7. How many and what projects have you made in the last year?
Too many to list, but here's the tip of the iceberg. Lace Elizabeth I scarf from Knit picks in Douceur et Soie, Merino Angora capelet for sample for Tess yarns, top sample for tess yarns, 5+ pairs of socks in everything from socks that rock to koigu, charlotte's web shawl in koigu, dale agave, philosophers wool color your own, baby sweaters, scarfs, dale in sisik, there are at least 20+ other projects.

8. Will you be knitting any gifts this year?
Yes. I usually end up giving my lace away. I always knit a gift for my mother-in-law and often my children's teachers, gifts for babies and children.

9. What is your favorite one skein project?
Labyrinth Rug or Petal Bib. I love the rug because it could use up a lot of stash and who can resist a cute baby bib, there is always a baby being born to someone you know and a great way to whip up a finished project fast and use the stash.

10. How much yarn do you have in your stash and how do you store it?
5+ large storage boxes. I have it sorted by project and then loose skeins by color and type. I also have skeins of yarn in a bronze vase as decoration in my living and tons of yarn and projects stashed throughout the house.

11. Do you have a yarn in your stash that you love so much you can never use it or part with it?
No. There is a project for everything and you can always buy more.

12. Do you knit less or differently in the summer?
No. I knit year round with whatever strikes me or is in reach. I like to knit sweaters during the summer so that I have something new for fall. Living in the northwoods, our summer is very short, and winter/fall weather most of the year so I have to knit year round to keep up.

13. Do you belong to any knitting groups (online or offline)?
Tudor Rose Knitalong, WIP Wipeout, local knitting group at LYS


No comments: