- I had my Lasik Surgery! I can see. It was so easy and painless. I would strongly recommend this to anyone considering it. It was well worth it.
- Baby E caught a bad strain of Strep C (yes, usually it's found in animals - last time I checked I have no animals in my house, just children - maybe that's the same thing). He had a fever of 106F and they couldn't get an IV started on him - 9 tries. Poor kid! It also took 3 tries to get a catheter going and that caused more pain and discomfort for him over the next week than any high fever of ear and throat infection could of. This happened 3 days after having the lasik surgery, so I looked particularly strange, stood in the emergency room at 3am with sunglasses on, so that the bright lights in the ER wouldn't bother my eyes. He's doing great now, although he does have a fear of the doctor's office since those traumatic few days.
- Many PTO activities have taken place that I have organized - installation of climbing wall, book fair, Fall Festival, Blood Drive, purchasing DVD players for all the classrooms, bake sales. Along witht he ridiculous amount of drama that some mothers want to cause. Word for the wise: Avoid positions within the PTO like the plague. My kids love seeing around the school though and having me so involved, so that makes it worth it.
- Purchased a new site for dh's new clinic and started construction. Still trying to decide on what colors are best for dental offices. dh did look a little put off, when I suggested that it didn't matter what color the walls were, nobody actually liked going to the dentist office.
- I've been doing a big clean out of all the cupboards in this house - we have stuff stashed everywhere. I always get a big case of spring cleaning right before the holidays, as I know that more stuff will be entering the house.
- I'm preparing for some afterschool classes I'm teaching at the Elementary School, one of which starts today. I'm teaching teamwork and problem solving using the climbing wall with the 3rd-5th graders.
- Reading - I have been reading alot. I read Jean Plaidy's Victoria Victorious and highly recommend it. I then purchased the A&E/BBC mini series Victoria and Albert to watch - loved it. I read the Alchemist - I'm still trying to decide if I liked it or not. A bunch of fun quick reads - Richard Paul Evans Finding Noel, The Sunflower. Not the best literary works, but the reading equivalent of knitting a scarf or dishcloth for a fast fix.
- Knitting - has been rather limited, but has started to pick up again. I did whip out a bunch of dishcloths (I know, not the most interesting, but necessary, and it was nice to have a FO after an hour). The weather finally started to turn on us and I have been knitting some socks - which I'm thoroughly enjoying. The sock draw was looking pretty empty, and I've fallen in love with Mountain Colors Bearfoot yarn (thanks to Marji - from a summer project colorswap) and have purchased some more skeins in different colorways. I've decided to try out some different sock patterns to experiment with.
Any thoughts? I feel like I can't see the forest for the trees. I can't get into a project for all the balls of yarn falling all over the place. We'll see!!!
To some of my favorite bloggers out there - missing you and hoping you're having a lovely holiday season.