Thursday, September 27, 2007

More from Camp

While attending Knitting Workshop, I wanted a mindless project to work on (of EZ's or Meg's) during the class. Included in our packet was a variation for the Very Warm Hat. I had some leftover Ultra Alpaca from a Baby Surprise Jacket, so decided to use that to whip a hat up. This is the result - I was barely done weaving the last end of the hat, when Caleb grabbed it from my hands, and pronounced it wonderful and that it suited him perfectly. He then sat in the hat while he did his piano practice. One side of the hat is knit using long-tail cast on, then you pick up in the back loop of the cast on and knit the other side. This is an incredibly warm hat and completely reversible. Here's a picture of the hat showing both sides.
And here's the hat showing Caleb's favorite side.And here's another sweater from camp in the Armenian sweater - It has the knit stitch on the front and purl stitch on the back. It is a great sweater, and this wouldn't usually appeal to me, but I loved it. I think this will be a big hit from the book.

3 comments:

Marina said...

That will keep his head warm. Gorgeous blue!

Hmmm, I like that but I won't knit it. I don't wear tops with messages but I can see a KAL for it.

JenniferB said...

I think it's so great that you started and finished a project all during camp time!

Carrie K said...

There's a message in the sweater? Oh, does it say Knit at the top and that's stitches??? Oh, that's so cool!

I love Caleb's hat too.