Thursday, June 19, 2008

I caught the Fever


The Lady Sweater Fever, that is!


I loved this pattern and immediately cast on in Cascade 220 Paints and have been thoroughly enjoying it. That was until I reached the one point on the pattern for yoke length. I'm knitting the size XXS, which although seems a little silly, according to the numbers it should make sense. I'm a size 4 and have a size 34 (okay, I'll be honest, the ever shrinking bustline is now a 32). I've been following the directions and hit a point that I'm not sure what to do. The pattern tells you to keep knitting until the front and back almost meet underneath the armpit. I'm knitting to gauge, but according to others on the KAL, considering the stretch of the garter they've been knitting to around 6 1/2" in length and then starting the body. Mine's not there.


I'm over thinking this. I know it. But i need to decide what to do, before I get discouraged and throw it on the pile of UFO's.


Any thoughts?!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you have a longer upper chest. That's 6 1/2 inches? It does look like it's not hitting your underarm point yet. Keep knitting.