Thursday, January 29, 2009

January

Thanks everybody for the suggestions on the Virtual Yarns Seaweed Wrap - I ended up going with the Crotal and am anxiously awaiting the package delivery. Hopefully soon, but have plenty to keep me busy in the meantime.

My youngest son, EB, had his tonsils and adenoids out last week, so I have spent the past week playing nursemaid, and just hanging out with him. We had a blast. We colored, played games, watched movies and explored every soft food I could find. I did get some knitting done because I have trained EB well, and he would ask me to sit on his bed and watch a movie with him, and it was okay with him "if you want to knit, Momma". That's my boy!

I finished the knitting on the Lima cardigan in Mirasol and just have to sew it up. I cast on for it on the plane home from England. I purchased the yarn in Penzance, Cornwall (one of my favorite places to visit) and although the yarn wasn't from the UK (although I did get some of that - to be blogged about another time) it did remind me of the dark blue waters surrounding the Cornish Peninsula at Lands End.

I'm planning on this being my January sweater for NaKniSweMo, so I've got to get cracking tomorrow and finish the seaming. urgh! I hate that part - but strange seeing as I like to sew other things.


Have also been working on a blanket for Little Princess in Cascade in the Soft Waves pattern from Jan Eaton's book 200 Ripple Stitch patterns. It reminds me of Pansies and fun bright flowerbeds, which we often need reminding of in Wisconsin when our ground is covered with snow for more than six months a year. Not that I'm complaining, I love our cold snowy winters. Bring 'em on! Twisted, aren't I?! Anyway, the blanket has a goal of the end of March, maybe sooner - we'll see how distracted I get.



I also received my yarn from the Sundara Sweater Collection subscription. It's Aran Silky Merino in Green Tea. I love it. Love the color. Love the yarn. Now, what to knit??? Am leaning towards Liesel, and then I should even have some left over for some other fun projects. Need to decide fast as it is going to be my February project.

Am also trying to finish up other projects that have been hanging around from last year (okay, let's be honest, and the year before). This is the year for finishing projects and you can quote me on that!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Glad the little guy is doing well.
You are lucky you live so far away or I would come to your house and wrestle that Sundara yarn out of your hands. You know I could take you!

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a good son. Glad he came through his surgery well!

Lima is very pretty! Liesel sounds like a good choice for the green tea - not a sweater? Did you see any pirates in Penzance? ;)

JoAnn said...

The yarn from Sundara looks very yummy! I have 2 skeins of her sock yarn, but haven't knit with it yet. It's very nice to pet though!
You have lots of sweaters on your plate - can't wait to see their progress.

Glad EB came through everything OK - he sure is a cutie!