Thursday, February 23, 2006

The end is near....

I've got to much to do to post on blog and comment to Harlot's blog, so attached is my raving comment.

I hear you loud and clear. Last night I woke up to use the bathroom around 2:30pm and considered whether I should not go back to bed (although I had only been in bed for an hour) and knit. I made myself go back to sleep but dreamed of knitting. If only the amount of knitting I accomplished while sleeping had magically appeared, I would be done. Unfortunately, tis not so. I feel like I am skiing down the hill with the avalanche chasing behind me, getting closer and closer to the inevitable doom of not completing.
I was off to such a great start with the first sleeve finished in 3 days and 2nd sleeve a week later (I was slowing down), then I hit the ribbing on the body and time stood still. AND THEN, my body decided to become ill (which was of you sneaky olympic countries sabotaged me with illness), 3 of 4 kids became ill and then husband informed (reminded) me that we're going out of town for some boring dental conference (oh yeah, and 14th wedding anniversary) in chicago. Which just happens to be the weekend of the pinewood derby, where the pack was so kind as to say that siblings could have cars to race too. I put my foot down at only the 10, 7, and 4 year participating - 13 mo old will just have to hold this against me and drag up on Dr. Phil shows as evidence of psychological abuse later in life. So, 3 cars later - well, actually I have to go help 4 year old paint, calm husband as he profanes about "who hated parents enough to invent such an annoying event" as he tries to get them to the correct weight.
This is a long comment, I know! Did I mention that I was knocking down all the Vitamin C and Echinaeca (smelt wrong) plus beautiful Diet Coke (seriously 6 cans today) to try to complete preparing home for babysitter, knit, pack, cook, pack, laundry (8 loads), knit and I think possibly cry.
Oh, but don't worry I'm not complaining!! ha ha
P.S. How much Diet Coke in the bloodstream constitutes olympic doping? Because if more than 6 is illegal, then I'm pleading the 5th (which I'm not sure I can do, as I'm a british citizen living in the US - Do you have to be american to plead the 5th? and would it even matter if they had this comment as evidence.)
Oh crap! I've lost my ever-knitting-loving mind!

No comments: