Monday, February 13, 2006

I Made the Team Trials!





Well, I finally finished the first sleeve. I'm behind scschedule, as I need to have both sleeves finished by end of day 5. Hopefully, I'll be able to start catching up. This has been a lot more fun to knit and I had even thought it would. To be honest, I was dreading knitting it the days leading up to the Opening Ceremonies, but once I got going, it was so much fun. You are constantly changing colors and stitch patterns. I love the colors too. I need to check my gauge, as the pattern suggests, to see how many stitches to cast on for the body, but I think I'm fairly close. My sleeve is a little longer than the suggested 19-20". I made it 21, as I think I'd like to turn the cuff up double when wearing.

Now, of course, I have to get cracking on the other
sleeve, before I have 2nd sleeve-itis - but I have to finish cooking dinner and finish valentine items for parties tomorrow and do some laundry. Life, sure does get in the way of my knitting time. However, Devil Dec, just told me on his own volition how much he liked the sleeve, as I was photographing it, and how clever I was. If I haven't mentioned before "Devil Dec" is like the cartoon character with the angel on one shoulder arguing with the devil on the other shoulder. Usually the angel wins, but beware when the other does, it's just that its almost entertaining to watch him wresting with his conscience. Don't let the name deceive you, he is such a good boy and we love him to pieces. Better run, as Little E is trying to scan his face and I don't want him to be blinded by the light - he is the smartest 1 year old.

Happy Knitting Teammates!

No comments: