Wednesday, September 17, 2008

We're on a roll here

Three posts in three days. Earthtonesgirl will be in shock now.

As mentioned yesterday, I plan on showing some of the other "gentle domestic arts" that I've been working on.


Today I have some pictures of a quilt that I'm working on for my Little Princess. It is the Heirloom Romance Quilt by Crabapple Hill Studio. It has eight stitched purses on it, with lots of crazy quilting and additional embroidery. I loved it and have set a goal of completing this by LP's 8th birthday for her baptism.

The quilt and embroidered purses will also be accented with beads once the quilt is completed. (I'm kind to the person who will do the quilting on this quilt, so that she won't have to work around the beads)- and No - I'm not going to quilt it myself - to quote Austin Powers - "that's not my kind of thing, baby!"

www.earthtonesgirl.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's so pretty! The BFF would LOVE it.

Not handquilt it? machine? send it off?

Angie said...

BE-U-T-FUL! I can't wait to see the end result.

Angie said...

BE-U-T-FUL! I can't wait to see the end result.

Alison said...

So cute! I've fallen in love with embroidery too- now if I only had more time...

Happy knitting-
ali