Wednesday, September 09, 2009

I found my new Twilight

Okay, maybe it's not Twilight, but I've found a new series of books that I can't put down. It's another Teen Fiction series (like Twilight) and I started reading it yesterday while I was at the hospital waiting for them to take me in for surgery and I've had a hard time putting it down since. Don't you just love a good book that sucks you in right away. So, what is it about Teen Fiction? I loved The Book Thief and then the Twiling Series. What's next Judy Blume for the second time around... I don't think so!

Everything went well with the surgery, but will have to wait a little bit for the lab results. They gave me the drug that Michael Jackson had, Propofol as the surgery was so short. I wasn't worried at all, until they said just before they took me back "You may find yourself feeling some of the surgery or being aware of what's going on.. it will probably make you move and then we'll know to give you more of the drug." Not exactly the most encouraging words to give a patient before surgery. Don't you think???

I promise I have knitting to post later this week. This puppy thing is kicking my butt. I get to take him to the vets tomorrow for the first time. To be honest, I'm nervous. Not sure if I mentioned that I'm actually afraid of dogs and am nervous of the other dogs at the vets. Pathetic, I know!

4 comments:

JoAnn said...

Glad to hear your surgury went well, despite the warning they gave you - I agree, not something you want to hear, but I suppose they have to prepare you for everything.
I just finished a great book, "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett.
Good luck at the vet!

Jessica said...

Glad you're doing well.

Denise said...

So glad to hear you're doing well. I was a bit worried there until I read your email. Rest and knit...
And yes, that comment about the Propofol would have freaked me out completely!! You were brave.

Carrie K said...

Not what I'd want to hear right before surgery - but glad it went well.

What's the series? Oh, the Suzanne Collins books in your What I'm Reading column. Duh. Whoops. ;)

How's Madison doing? That puppyy is so cute it would be so hard to return him, but OTOH, hard to return Madison at this point too. ;)