Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Goodies on the Doorstep!

We arrived back from vacation very early Tuesday morning and look at the fun package I had waiting for me from Marji, my Colorswap partner.



Let me explain what is was in the photo, plus what is not.

(clockwise from center top): Green purse, that Marji picked up while on vacation - I love this purse! It looks great with one of my favorite summer outfits and I feel like a chic Parisian carrying it (where really I'm just a Anglo/Wisconsinite and certainly not chic)
Ghiradelli Caramel Chocolate squares - I have them hidden from the family and have been secretly snacking on them and definitely not sharing.
Tazo Zen Tea - This appeals completely to my British heritage but with a modern zenlike twist.
A pin cushion with thread - my husband loved this gift as he claims he can never find the thread. He wants this kept in the closet, for quick and handy repairs. I believe the amazingly talented seamtress, Marji, made this and I love the fabric.
Lindt Orange Chocolate - what more can I say but I started eating it right away and I know I should have savored it, but next thing I knew - it was gone. Don't worry, I found it, it's on my butt.
Beach read - I devour books, so this will be perfect for basking in the rays (??in Wisconsin) and relaxing.
2 cards - Marji made up for me having misplaced the card to go in her package.
Delicious recipe, that I will make this weekend.
Mountain Colors barefoot yarn - I love this yarn. This is one of my favorite yarns, and I absolutely love the deep colors. Excellent choice.
Blue Mohair/Silk - Don't you love the rich color? and it's so soft. I'm trying to decide what project this will become - any suggestions, Marji? In the meantime, I've been enjoying fondling it.
(Center) An apron - I love aprons as I love to cook, and like to look the part.
(not pictured) Fresh herbs - basil - too die for, I used it today with some fresh pasta, roma tomatoes and fresh parmesan. Marji, plant one on your talented husband for growing such beautiful herbs.

Thank you, thank you , thank you. It was a joy being your partner for May and I'm really looking forward to meeting you at Stitches MidWest.

Vacation update
The travel was very long and tedious, but was much more pleasant than anticipated as the munchkins were ridiculously well behaved - The secret for 1400+ hours of driving - lots of DVD's. I suggested to Caleb that we play the license plate game and explained the rules to him. I told him how I used to play that game on road trips as a child. He then looked at me like I was off my rocker and said "Why on earth would you play that when you can watch movies?" Obviously, road trips are a little different from when I was a child.

7 comments:

Marji said...

You're welcome!
Yes, I made the pincushion (threads are strung on elastic cord and can be replaced easily), and the apron.
Maybe I should explain that even though it was supposed to be a green package, I played with the rules and went the colorways for the month behind and ahead too - not much of a rule girl I guess. ;)

C+SK said...

Ohhhhh gorgeous gifts - I LOVE that purse!!!

Lynne said...

That is a fantastic package! I'm so happy for you!

Marji said...

hi Kim, email isn't working - if it isn't one thing it's another...anyway, Drops cardi is book 88.4 and can be found for free on their website.
http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=88&d_id=4&lang=en
and thank you so much for the offer of blanket squares - I'll let you know. If I do one, it will be all cotton as they live in Florida.

Carrie K said...

Oh, lovely! That's an apron? I love that purse. And the pincushion. And the yarn. Niiice!

The License Plate game is no more? A passing of an era. My brother used to play a variation where you doubled or halved the numbers. He generally played alone because I was terrible in math as a child.

One DVD or many?

Jae said...

Your package is wonderful! Isn't Marji the best partner to have in a swap?

I suppose besides the license plate game, kids no longer play "I spy" either? :(

starrypurplehaze said...

Just a quick request to please update your blog. :)
~your sp8hostess. ;)