Thursday, June 29, 2006

Aches and Pains

I'm frustrated! I suffer with Fibromyalgia and the pain has been pretty bad lately. I met with the Doctor on Monday to see what we could do to ease the pain and, as usual, it was throw as many medications at Kim and see which one sticks. I hate taking medicine. But even more, I hate the side effects. I feel like I trade one pain for another. The pain had been affecting (or is it effecting, I can never tell) my desire to knit. Well, not my desire, but my ability. Admitedly, the new medication is helping and the knitting has started back up again.

So, sorry to my Secret Pal 8 and Project Colorswap partner for not getting pics on the website yet of the wonderful packages they sent me. I promise I will get them on the blog tomorrow - no excuses. In the meantime, forgive me if I've not been commenting on my favorite blogs like normal. Hopefully, I'll be back in the swing of things soon.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I'm so sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I'm sure it is very frustrating. I hope you are feeling better soon, and that the doctor can find a good medication with very little side effects.

Anonymous said...

No worries about me, your SP8! Just know that I'm thinking of you!. I hope your back into action again soon...k,p,yo,k2...
Take Care
SP8

Carrie K said...

Oh, poor baby! Fibromyalgia can be really rough, and even in one of its more benign stages, can still be bad. I hope your meds help & keep helping! I know I'm so grateful I finally got a migraine medication that removes the pain and yet let's me function as a human being.