Thursday, November 29, 2007

Pretty as a Princess

I'm being lazy and am posting a picture of the Princess Mitts that I'm knitting for Beth (at Black Purl - refer to Tuesdays post) that I look last night. I've completed the mitt since, but need to do the thumbs, and they are beautiful. Will post pics when they're completed. I don't think that this pattern flows very well - all the details are there, but it's a little disjointed. They're a simple knit and look lovely, but its definitely a pattern that you should read all of before knitting (not always my strong point) or you'll end up ripping the bloody thing back a few times.
I'm a little frustrated with the lack of knitting time that occurs during the Holidays, which generally is a time where I'm trying to get gifts and serious knitting completed. I was reading Earthtonesgirl's blog today and Denise was talking about how she tries to wrap up all of her knitting projects at the end of the year, so that she can start fresh in the New Year and not have any projects hanging over her year. Doesn't that sound wonderful?! I got all excited and thought how I was going t do the same thing ... and then I started counting up UFO's/WIP's and realized that even if I knit solidly, without sleep, for the rest of the year, that not even half of them would be "wrapped up". So, instead I thought about casting on some more new projects. Mmm... that Logan River Wrap or Irish Hiking Scarf look cute, or what about Oblique...

3 comments:

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

test comment

Marina said...

Ack! My Bloglines didn't pick up this and the previous post!

That's a pretty colour and the Kureyon mittens? Your hard work paid off. They're gorgeous and they match.

Wrap things up for the year? LOL, I wish, but I've finished MaryT and hopefully, there will be two more FOs before the year is up.

Carrie K said...

Wrap things up for the year? Wrap things up period? Ha.

Those mitts are darling. Are we on a mitt kick, or what? They're so cuuuuuuute.