Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Twins

I was about to climb into bed (and watch Project Runway) when I remembered that I still needed to post today. So, I thought I'd take a quick pic of the twins and show you the matching pairs of Maine Morning Mitts.

Although it was suggested that Noro Kureyon wasn't the easiest to make matching items with, I was determined and headed to the LYS. I examined the different skeins of yarn as in the same colorway and dye lot, there were many variations. I selected the one that looked like it matched the previous ball I had knit the mismatched mitts with, and voila!!! Twins! I had whipped up one of the mitts between stops while Christmas shopping, and the other while waiting for an oil change last Monday, but then I'd stalled on doing the thumbs, which is silly as these are the easiest thumbs you'll knit on mittens. The motivation to finish - the fact that I had promised that I would blog today.

These are destined to become teacher gifts. I did try them on and they are a very nice fit. I'd knit me some (the boys really want a pair), but I get bored knitting the same pattern. So, I'll have to find them a different mitt pattern. Thank goodness for Ravelry.

Now, I know this isn't the most interesting of blog posts, but it does have a pretty picture.

1 comment:

Carrie K said...

There is no way that a) you've posted this much and b) those Noro matched that well. Awesome. Cute too.