Wednesday, July 30, 2008

quick post, no pics

I doubt I'll have time to snap a couple of pics in the morning, but you never know. In the meantime, here's a quick post before we head out to vacation to Drummond Island for a family Hummer Adventure weekend. We're so excited, don't worry, you're not required to be.

I've been knitting away, when I've had a chance, on the Henley Fair Isle yoke sweater and have the body completed. I've just cast on for the sleeves and have the cuffs done, hopefully I'll be able to get the sleeves done this weekend while driving up and back (although I wouldn't hold my breath).

I finished one of the Bartholmew's Tantalizing Socks in the Hand Maiden Casbah that I bought on our last vacation to Mackinac Island and realized that I'm going to need another skein. That's easier said than done as everybody seems to be sold out of the Nova Scotia colorway. But, I remain optimistic. The sock is gorgeous and my family is tired of my requesting that they watch me put it on and rattling on about what a knitting genius Cat Bordhi is. Again, pictures, would have been good here, but I'm sure you can imagine how beautiful they are.

I'm also waiting to hear if my yarn has come in for the New Zealand Sweater for the Ravelympics. I'm looking for 14 skeins of Jamieson's Spindrift in #187 Sunrise and can't seem to find them all in one colorway. I have other choices and back up plans, but again, hope springs eternal. (what exactly does that saying mean?)

More to follow on Monday, hopefully with lots of wonderful knitting to show you.

No comments: