Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Feeling left out

I'm trying to be a grown-up and not stamp my feet and have a tantrum that I'm not going to the Sock Summit, but I'm not sure I'm succeeding. I'm moping around, sighing, wishing that I could figure a way for it to work this year and hoping that there will be a next.

I will just have to live vicariously through Jessica who is going. Wish I was rooming with her there. Oh well, I'll just have to enjoy my time with her at camp. (I know, I really shouldn't be complaining, but still.......)

Sigh!

Grumble!

Where the heck is the chocolate? Maybe that will cheer me up.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Awww, I'm sorry. You got to go to the cool midwest conference a little while back. Does that help even things out?

marycatharine said...

There's always next year and this time you can be prepared to save or plan. Weird thing is that even though I don't knit socks all that often I'd still like to go. It might be all the knitting aura wafting over the globe.

Carrie K said...

Surely you could deprive your family of some frivolous spending like say, food or mortgage payments and come up with the cash to go. No? No?

Denise said...

Ok, I finally read through the sock summit website and I'm dying...not only am I not going to camp but I'm missing that too!! And I live to knit socks. It's all for one of the best reasons in the world but it still freaking sucks.