Thursday, August 14, 2008

Boredom Buster

Yesterday the weather was rather crummy and the wee ones were moping around, so I suggested a project to entertain them that I was sure the oldest two would love. It involved equipment - the digital camera and my laptop. They eagerly hopped on board and started photographing and stashing on Ravelry my yarn. There is still plenty to do (okay, they got as far as the tip of the icebery), but it was a good start and they are hooked. They've already asked if they can finish up the rest.

We all know yarn stashes are a wonderful thing, but who'd of thought that they could save the lives of two of my kids, because I was getting close to using a circular needle on either them or me if they didn't find some way to entertain themself. Instead, they discovered how wonderful my yarn stash is.

Yarn, Knitting, Stash .... it's a wonderful thing.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Dang, I wish I had thought to outsource my stash management.

Anonymous said...

I need some kids....

Anonymous said...

I need some kids....

Marji said...

LOL, I've done all of my stash management when I've been the ONLY person home. No sense in having my dh and (adult) children telling me I've got too much - I already Know that. ;)

Love the red fabric that yarn knit up to in the stockinette. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.