Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Norwegian Star Earflap Hat

IMAG0456

IMAG0454

Pattern: Norwegian Star Earflap Hat
Size: Adult
Yarn: Cascade 220 and Drops Karisma Superwash (stash diving)
Needles: Size 6 circ - 16"
Started: January 15, 2012
Finished: January 15, 2012

This is my fourth project for 2012 and my second project for the Warm Up Winter luvinthemommyhood KAL.

It was a fast and interesting knit. There are two sizes to knit - Child and Adult, and you adjust the size of your hat by your gauge. My gauge was a little larger than I thought, but I have a lot of head sizes in my house (my hubby's is enormous) so I kept knitting and enjoyed the chart knitting and how fast it whipped off the needles.

Now it's done, it does fit dh's head but as you can see from the picture on me (sorry for the sad looking picture in which I look every bit the tired and sad and pj wearing mother of four kids) its a little bit for me. I will say that in reality it looked a lot better on me than this goofy picture shows and it doesn't squish my curls - it gets points for that. I think I'm going to try felting it a little in the washer, which will probably give it more of a fulled look i think. We'll see.

I do recommend this pattern, but be smarter than me and check your gauge, but as Meg Swansen always says at Knitting Camp.... Hats are gauge swatches and there is always someone who is in need of your knitted hat. If you can't use it in your home and pass it on to those charities who might be able to put it to good use.

Love that woman.

No comments: