Sunday, January 15, 2012

Twists and Curls

This past weekend, Caleb was in a Curling Bonspiel (tournament) and I went to watch my son do this thing. While watching him, and in between helping in the clubhouse, I worked on my first hat for the luvinthemommyhood's Warm Up Winter Knitalong. I had decided to join in as its ski season here and I have four kids in my house who feel that they need new hats every ski season and I've got my eye on one or two myself. Plus Madison is interested in a pair of mitts and I might just have to make myself a pair too. So, this seemed the perfect motivator to getting those things crossed off on my to-do list.

IMAG0446

Pattern: Twist Hat by Mandie Harrington (a friend from knitting camp).
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino.
Size: Child 18-20"
Needles: Size 2 circs 16" then 2 circs when working the crown.

Caleb curling 2 - tiege bonspiel

Caleb Throwing a Rock

Caleb curling 4 - tiege bonspiel

Caleb Sweeping

Caleb curling 5 - tiege bonspiel

The Winners!!!!!! after three days of matches and some sore arms, legs and muscles.

Caleb's rink (team) did go on to win the Men's Bonspiel. What a clever boy. Which made my freezing my rear end off at the rink, worthwhile. A hat and a win. Double wins.

No comments: